Breastfeeding basics to normalize and ease the beginning of your breastfeeding journey
1) Ignore the clock. Feed on baby's cues and let them finish each feed on their own time
2) Enjoy lots of skin to skin contact during each feed as well as between feeds
3) Offer both breasts with each feed starting on the last breast you nursed on at the next feed
4) Ensure a good latch with each feed. If it doesnt feel right simply unlatch and try again
5) Ask for help if needed. Doulas and lactation consultants can be wonderful supports
5) Feed yourself often and stay hydrated
Enjoy this sweet time. Know that for some it comes with ease will others there is a very normal learning curve for both Mom and babe. Keep trying you will both get the hang of it.